By The Message Staff
During its 27th Annual Celebration of Leadership event, which was March 30 online, Leadership Everyone recognized three priests of the Diocese of Evansville with its Bryce Jordan Servant Leader Award.
Father Jay Davidson, administrator of All Saints Parish in Evansville, was recognized for his tireless efforts with groups like Congregations Acting for Justice and Empowerment, and his involvement in countless outreach efforts to benefit the community.
Father Christopher Droste, pastor of St. James Parish in Haubstadt, Sts. Peter and Paul Parish in Haubstadt and Holy Cross Parish in Fort Branch, was recognized for his work in all three parishes and for his efforts to make hospital visits to comfort those suffering COVID-19 infection.
Father Gary Kaiser, pastor of St. Joseph Parish in Princeton and St. Bernard Parish in Snake Run, was recognized for his wirk with Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Evansville to bring its Neighbor to Neighbor program to the Princeton area and Gibson County.
Neighbor to Neighbor is a free, faith-based life-skills-education program to help families become self-sufficient.
About Leadership Everyone
The following information is from the Leadership Everyone Facebook page:
Founded in 1976 by a group of future-thinking local leaders, LE’s original commitment to community-wide betterment remains unique and strong.
- Brings together people with different talents, gifts, and perspectives
- Transforms these individuals into leaders who embrace the concept of community trusteeship and the collaborative process
- Develops in them an understanding of how today’s leaders function, and teaches them the skills to apply this knowledge
- Teaches effective processes, especially visioning a preferred future, consensus decision-making, and collaboration
- Provides real life opportunities to use their knowledge, skills, and processes through practice and performance
Fifth-Third Bank served as title sponsor for the Celebration of Leadership. The entire program is available for online viewing on the Leadership Everyone YouTube channel and the organization’s Facebook page.