Special to The Message
Saint Meinrad Archabbey’s pilgrimages to honor the Blessed Mother at the Monte Cassino Shrine have been scheduled for Sundays in October.
The pilgrimages begin with an opening hymn and a short sermon, followed by a rosary procession. The service ends with the Litany of the Blessed Virgin and a hymn. Speakers and topics for the pilgrimages are:
- Oct. 3 – Benedictine Father Lambert Reilly on “Salvation Began with the ‘Hail Mary’”
- Oct. 10 – Benedictine Brother Zachary Wilberding on “The Rosary Zone”
- Oct. 17 – Benedictine Brother Francis Wagner on “‘Do Whatever He Tells You’ – Mary, the Mother of Disciples”
- Oct. 24 – Benedictine Father Colman Grabert on “With Mary, It Was Always ‘Yes!’”
- Oct. 31 – Benedictine Father Denis Robinson on “Mary, Mother of Souls”
Services begin at 2 p.m. Central Time. The public is welcome. The Monte Cassino Shrine is located one mile east of the Archabbey on State Road 62 in St. Meinrad.
For more information, call Mary Jeanne Schumacher during business hours at (812) 357-6501. For updates on the day of the event, call (812) 357-6611.