Special to The Message
Through the use of bequest funds, the generosity of numerous volunteers across the Diocese of Evansville and several vendor partners, the diocese recently completed a repair and refresh of the chapel in Sarto Retreat House for minimal cost.
The chapel is in constant use throughout the year during dozens of retreats at the facility, and Bishop Joseph M. Siegel regularly celebrates Mass there for the diocesan staff. Bishop Siegel noted, “We are extremely grateful for all who made it possible to complete these improvements in timely manner while helping keep the expense as low as possible.
The work was done around the Christmas holidays when the retreat house was not in use.
- Thorough cleaning of walls, pews, and floors
- Painting of the chapel ceiling
- Installation of crown molding
- Lighting revisions – including cleaning, re-lamping and redesign
- Terrazzo floor repair and rehab
- Installation of new Stations of the Cross, which were repurposed from Holy Trinity Church in Evansville
- Refinishing the ambo and presider's chair
- Replacing the confessional doors for enhanced privacy
- Installation of a new tabernacle